Welcome to Emergency Academy…
The FUTURE of Emergency Training
Empower emergency responders with cutting-edge technology, enhancing their skills, preparedness, and ultimately saving lives. Supplement traditional training methods with our user-friendly platform, providing your team with a low-risk and low-cost environment for essential skill practice.
Follow this link to download the free App on the Official Meta Quest App Lab
Studies comparing VR vs Real-world counterparts:
✔ 300% ROI using VR: Get more value from your training investment.
✔ Cuts learning curves in half: Accelerate skill acquisition.
✔ Doubles retention rates: Ensure that knowledge is retained.
Now with ChatGPT backed hands-on instruction!
- Put on your Quest 2, Quest 3 or Quest Pro headset.
- Open the Quest Browser app and go to VR2.Li (our URL shortener for this page VirtuallyThereTraining.com).
- Click the Emergency Academy banner image to open this page.
- From this page, follow this link to view the App on the Meta Quest App Lab.
- Install the App – it will appear in your library alongside your other Apps and Games. It comes with a free Fire Extinguisher Pub. Ed. training module.
- You can purchase additional modules from the Menu. These are one-time costs and get you a lifetime subscription to the module.
Did you know that more than 1 in 10 firefighter fatalities happens during training? You can help reduce these risks by first preparing in Virtual Reality.
Developed by and for Emergency Responders, our user-centric approach ensures that you don’t need to be a gamer or tech expert to master the skills you need. Our simple, intuitive interactions focus on teaching the proper steps to safely accomplish your tasks.
Join us at Emergency Academy, where innovation meets life-saving training, and let’s build a safer world together!
General Usage Instructions:
- Press the menu button on the left controller to access the pause screen – from here you can restart the current level or return to the lobby.
- To move around the virtual room, physically walk around your real space. You will need to have a real-world room space a minimum size of 10′ x 10′ (3m x 3m).
- To interact with objects, overlap them with your controllers and press the trigger button. The trigger button is your primary interaction tool – use it to grab and drop objects.
- You start in the academy lobby, where you can access a catalog of exercise modules and select a level using your controllers.
- Your controllers function as a selection tool – point at the screen and press the trigger button to choose. On the left side of the screen is a list of modules. Use the thumbstick or drag the scrollbar to scroll through the list. Once you click your desired module, the right side of the menu will display info and a video for that module.
- If you’ve already purchased the module, selecting the level will reveal the Open Level button for training. If the module hasn’t been purchased, a purchase button will appear, allowing you to buy it. If the module isn’t available yet, it will be marked as “Coming Soon.”
AR Passthrough Instructions:
The AR Passthrough mode lets you see your surroundings in real-time using your headset’s passthrough capabilities. Fires will appear on ‘TABLES‘, ‘BEDS‘, and ‘OTHER‘ type objects in your room. Proper room configuration is crucial for this feature to work correctly.
Follow these steps to calibrate your Meta Quest ‘Physical Space’ so that the AR Passthrough mode functions correctly:
- From the Meta Quest settings menu, select “Physical Space“.
- Now, along the top-left side of the Physical Space page, choose the “Space Setup” tab.
- From the Space Setup tab, choose the “Setup” button.
- Follow the provided instructions to configure your room, aligning your floor and walls.
- Choose the “Add Furniture” option, adding ‘TABLES’, ‘BEDS’, or ‘OTHER’.
NOTE: You don’t necessarily need to have tables or beds in your actual space, this is just how the App will determine where to place the super-imposed fires over your surroundings.
For the Firefighter’s Fire Extinguisher module, TABLES will spawn Class A fires, BEDS will spawn Class B fires, and ‘OTHER’ will spawn Class C fires. This gives you incredible freedom to create compelling training scenarios using your own props and environments.