Welcome to Emergency Academy: Revolutionizing Training through Immersive Augmented and Virtual Reality Solutions. Our goal is simple: to empower emergency responders with cutting-edge technology, enhancing their skills, preparedness, and ultimately saving lives.
Ditch costly and risky traditional training methods and embrace our user-friendly platform, which provides a safe and controlled environment for essential skill practice. Through XR training, we offer realistic and interactive experiences that significantly cut costs, reduce environmental impact, and foster a global community of learners and collaborators.
Click here to view the App on the Meta Quest App Lab
Studies comparing VR vs Real-world counterparts:
✔ 300% ROI using VR: Get more value from your training investment.
✔ Cuts learning curves in half: Accelerate skill acquisition.
✔ Doubles retention rates: Ensure that knowledge is retained.
Now with ChatGPT backed hands-on instruction!
- Put on your Quest 2, Quest 3 or Quest Pro headset.
- Open the Quest Browser app and go to VR2.Li (our URL shortener for this page VirtuallyThereTraining.com).
- Click the Emergency Academy banner image to access our App article.
- From this page, click here to view the App on the Meta Quest App Lab.
- Install the App – it will appear in your library alongside your other Apps and Games.
- You can purchase individual modules from the Menu. These are one-time costs and get you a lifetime subscription to the module.
Safety is our top priority. Traditional training methods have seen over 1 in 10 firefighter fatalities, but our software addresses this concern. Developed by and for Emergency Responders, our user-centric approach ensures that you don’t need to be a gamer or tech expert to master the skills you need. Our simple, intuitive interactions focus on teaching proper steps rather than complex button schemes.
Our offerings are continually expanding. We begin with our firefighter catalog and extend into paramedicine, disaster response, hazmat, and more.
Join us at Emergency Academy, where innovation meets life-saving training, and let’s build a safer world together!
Click here to Explore the App on the Meta Quest App Lab
- Press the menu button on the left controller to access the pause screen – from here you can restart the current level or return to the lobby.
- To move around the virtual room, physically walk around your real space. You will need to have a real-world room space a minimum size of 10′ x 10′ (3m x 3m).
- To interact with objects, overlap them with your controllers and press the trigger button. The trigger button is your primary interaction tool – use it to grab and drop objects.
- You start in the academy lobby, where you can access a catalog of exercise modules and select a level using your controllers.
- Your controllers function as a selection tool – point at the screen and press the trigger button to choose. On the left side of the screen is a list of modules. Use the thumbstick or drag the scrollbar to scroll through the list. Once you click your desired module, the right side of the menu will display info and a video for that module.
- If you’ve already purchased the module, selecting the level will reveal the Open Level button for training. If the module hasn’t been purchased, a purchase button will appear, allowing you to buy it. If the module isn’t available yet, it will be marked as “Coming Soon.”
AR Passthrough Instructions:
The AR Passthrough mode lets you see your surroundings in real-time using your headset’s passthrough capabilities. Fires will appear on tables, beds, and other objects in your room. Proper room configuration is crucial for this feature to work correctly.
For AR passthrough mode:
- Access the Meta Quest settings panel.
- Select “Experimental.”
- Scroll down and tap “Set Up” next to the Room Setup section.
- In the Firefighter version of Extinguishers, include tables, beds, or ‘other’ when setting up your RoomSpace. Tables spawn a class A fire, beds spawn a class B fire, and ‘Other’ spawns a Class C fire.
Our friendly assistants are ready to answer your questions. Ask them how to use the simulator, set up your room for AR, or any firefighting or safety queries. Simply speak your question aloud, and the assistant will provide a helpful response.